You know the scenario: Plenum, row seating. Everyone is listening to one speaker. Hour after hour. Is there some memory remaining about the content? Mostly not. We asked ourselves: How can we loosen that up? Creating it the way that something sticks to the mind?
Make room. Rethink. Internalise through playing: Gamification.
We did not only change the whole (usual) space situation, but we let the participants play. Short, on point presentations. Everyone can choose where to listen.
A specifically developed quiz – it worked.
Gaming? Quiz? Duelling playful with colleagues? The marketing team shows off compared to the sales professionals? Everyone was on board with enthusiasm: more concretely there have been 7.500 game moves in 3 hours with a participation of 98% (the other 2% had to do the presentations). Wow. We are professional optimists but we wouldn’t have dreamed about this result.